Zineuskadi is continuing with its policy of supporting the industry through Creative Europe, which –backed by the European Commission and funded by the Basque Government – was launched in 1999. The Creative Europe Basque Media Desk’s information office is part of the network of over 40 Desks that the Creative Europe programme has throughout Europe, with the aim of informing, advising and giving professionals from the audiovisual industry in the Basque Country access to the EU’s grant programme to support the European audiovisual industry. Creative Europe will allocate 1.46 billion euros to strengthening Europe’s cultural and creative industries over a seven-year period (2014 – 2020).
- It protects and promotes European culture and linguistic diversity, while promoting Europe’s cultural wealth.
- It helps Europe to meet its targets in terms of smart, sustainable and inclusive economic growth.
- It helps the cultural and creative industries to adapt to the digital age and globalisation.
- It provides access to new opportunities, markets and international audiences.
- It is building on the success of the MEDIA, MEDIA MUNDUS and Culture programmes.